Admittedly, if you’re in anyway interested in Python there’s a damn good chance you’ll have already seen this. But then, this is the kind of thing so good everyone in Britain should be made aware of it. So, here goes: SEVEN MINUTES OF MONTY PYTHON’S FLYING CIRCUS RUSHES.
In just seven minutes of clippage there are so many things to enjoy.
- That perennial outtake favourite, the false moustache that isn’t sticky enough to stay on
- An off-camera Barry Took saying stuff like “stick it together again afterwards…”
- A Gilliam animation that we don’t think made it into the series (though we’re prepared to be proved wrong on that, we’ve not rewatched it for a while)
- Alternate takes of vox pops
- A mock-exasperated Cleese saying “we CAN’T do it again!”, presumably in relation to the French sheep-aviators routine.
- A pleasingly out of context shot (in two senses of the word) from the Boxing Epilogue sketch that doesn’t go anywhere really and thereby only adding to the splendidness of it.
- Last but by no means least, David Frost’s phone number.
Enough aimless wibble. Watch the video here, via the even-more-excellent-than-before Monty Python Museum.